3. Products or Services
3.1 Black Label Grading Submissions
It is up to the individual to submit their cards safely to Black Label Grading Ltd. We are not responsible for any damage, loss or theft whilst the cards are in transit from you to us.
Submissions must contain an order number. If a package is received without an order number, we will hold onto the cards for 12 months or until the individual comes forward with ownership details.
The term “Submission Deadline” refers to the cutoff date and time for accepting deliveries for the next submission. Any trading cards received after this deadline will be held for the next submission (usually, but not always, this will be the following month).
All cards will be treated as owned by the person who makes the order. We do not knowingly take submissions from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years old and wish to submit cards, please ask an adult to do this on your behalf.
If you do not wish to have your submissions featured on our social media channels, please make this known when your order is placed. By showing your interest in having your cards featured on our social channels, this does not explicitly mean they will be. We will try our best to feature as many submissions as possible.
Black Label Grading uses FedEx for all shipments to and from Beckett Grading Services & CGC Grading. For these shipments, each card within the parcels is covered up to a maximum of £1000 per card, based on its graded value upon return.
Return Journey Liability Coverage:
For the return journey from Beckett Grading Services, Black Label Grading Ltd. adopts a liability-based approach to cover the graded cards.
Liability Terms for Return Journey:
- Coverage Limit: We accept liability for physical loss or damage to the goods during the return journey, covering the market value of the graded card, relevant to its condition, up to a maximum of £1000.
- Exclusions: Liability coverage does not extend to amounts exceeding the market value of £1000. In cases where the market value of the graded card surpasses this limit, we shall not be held responsible for the excess amount.
- Conditions: The liability coverage is subject to the conditions outlined under the ‘Products & Services’ section.
- Acknowledgment: By using our services, you acknowledge and accept these liability terms for the return journey from Beckett.
Value Declaration Responsibility:
- No Liability for Excess Value: Black Label Grading accepts no liability should the actual market value of your item exceed the declared value relevant to the service you have chosen.
- Submitter’s Responsibility: It is the responsibility of the submitter to accurately declare the value of the collectible. This applies to both CGC and Beckett submissions.
- Implications: Incorrect declaration of value may result in inadequate coverage and Black Label Grading will not be liable for any discrepancies between declared value and actual market value.
For shipments from us to you within the UK and from our EU Hub to EU customers, we use Royal Mail Tracked 24hr delivery and PostNL or DPD, respectively. In the rare event that a package is deemed lost, Black Label Grading will independently cover the cost of cards based on the current market value, up to a maximum value of £2000 per package (UK) and 500 Euros per package (EU).
Please note for any claims through liability or insurance we must have confirmation from the shipping company that the package in question is lost.
A fixed shipping charge of £5 is now applied to all UK services provided by Black Label Grading Ltd. This charge covers handling and ensures the secure transit of your items to and from the grading services. The shipping costs for EU will vary based on location.
Payments must be made within 30 days of invoice.
Payment is taken online only. Customers will receive a payment request via email once cards have been processed by Black Label Grading and are awaiting shipment. The deadline for payment will be sent in this email. It is the customers duty to ensure the email provided is correct, and any broken links within the email are reported to us in a timely manner.
We offer payment plans through Klarna. The minimum spend to use our payment plans is £300. Terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
We do not charge any late fees if payment is not received within 30 days of invoice. If a payment is not received before cards are returned to us from Beckett, we reserve the right to keep the graded cards until payment has been received. We will hold cards for 3 months, after which the cards will become property of Black Label Grading.
In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and contact information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your contact information, including your email address so we can contact you as needed.
All cards that are submitted to Beckett Grading Services & CGC Grading are sent on an estimated turnaround time. We are not held liable for any delays in this turnaround time.
Black Label Grading is not responsible for late arrival or late delivery of your card(s).
Due to the nature of our service, we are unable to offer refunds on cards that have been submitted and paid for.
We will be able to return cards prior to payment at a cost of shipment. This will be discussed on a case by case basis.
In the unlikely event that a package is confirmed lost before arriving at the grading company, BLG will refund the full amount paid for our services. Should a parcel be confirmed lost following grading at the grading company, fees paid to BLG will not be refunded.
3.6 Upcharges for High-Value Cards
When using CGC grading services through Black Label Grading Ltd, customers should be aware of potential additional charges, referred to as “upcharges,” applicable under certain conditions.
- Upcharge Conditions: CGC will apply an upcharge on top of the standard grading fee for any card whose value, after grading, exceeds $250. The amount of the upcharge will be determined based on the post-grading value of the card.
- Customer Responsibility: It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of the potential for such upcharges. The specific upcharge amount will be communicated to the customer after the grading process and must be paid before the cards are returned.
- Payment of Upcharges: The upcharge amount will be included in the final invoice sent to the customer. Payment must be made within the specified timeframe as per section 3.3 (Payments). Non-payment of upcharges may result in withholding the return of the cards, as outlined in the payment terms.
- Dispute of Value: In case of disputes regarding the assessed value of a card, customers may contact Black Label Grading Ltd for a review. However, the final decision regarding the value and applicable upcharge will rest with CGC.
This policy ensures that the additional costs associated with grading higher-value cards are transparent and understood by all parties involved. It is recommended that customers assess the potential value of their cards before submission to understand any additional costs that may be incurred.